When you are tasked with a research paper in college in the field of development psychology, it is important that you know what you are getting into. This means you should review the assignment details and instructions. Look for keywords that tell you what you need to cover or not cover. Ask for a grading rubric so that you know what you need to do to get a good grade. A good essay will consider both points in an argument and present a balanced and well thought out conclusion. When discussing things in the essay, you should choose one opinion, and then present the arguments both for and against that viewpoint.
Developmental Psychology Topics
If you are looking for a topic for your next developmental psychology paper, rest assured that the field offers a great number of topics that are still viable research paper topics. You can write on any of the following:
- Does it help language acquisition or hinder it to teach infants sign language?
- Do parenting styles impact the physical activity of a child? Are children raised by non-authoritarian parents less active than those who are raised by authoritarian parents?
- Do students perform better or worse on exams when they listen to music?
- Does bullying have an impact on achievement?
- Does the packaging for foods encourage children to steer toward unhealthy food items?
- What reinforcement type is best for getting students to complete homework assignments, social reinforcement or a tangible reward?
- Does the order in which children are born impact procrastination? Are first born children less likely to procrastinate?
- Are adults with high self-efficacy rates more likely to enjoy better memory?
- Does behavior change as we age? Why do younger adults blame internal factors for things while older adults blame external factors?
- Do mental games help improve cognitive skills?
- Does short term memory change with age?
Before you start writing your paper, it is imperative that you review the instructions for your paper. Look over the guidelines and any grading rubric given to you. You need to know how best to present your idea in order to get a high grade from your teacher.
The Research Process
Before you move forward with writing the paper, make sure you have conducted adequate research. This is essential for any paper. You need to have enough information to perform a thorough literature review and present evidence to support your topic.